Ginger is a herbaceous plant that is often believed the community can cope with various conditions, ranging from nausea, cough, muscle pain to cancer treatment. If viewed from a medical point of view, there are at least five benefits of good ginger for the body. Ginger has a chemical compound that is believed to have a positive effect on the stomach and intestines. Not only that, this compound may be able to reduce the nausea by giving effect in the brain and nervous system.
Here are five conditions that may be effective if overcome by eating ginger:
- dizzy. This condition makes you feel like a spin (vertigo) or the head feels light. It can also feel like losing balance or feeling floating. Ginger allegedly can relieve dizziness by stimulating blood flow to the brain. In addition ginger is believed to relieve nausea.
- New menstrual periods. For women who often feel pain during menstruation, can try to consume ginger extract with dose four times a day for three days at the beginning of menstruation. Some studies show that eating ginger can help reduce symptoms of menstrual pain.
- The condition of nausea and vomiting is often experienced by some women early in pregnancy. It seems that the condition can be minimized by eating ginger. But remember, pregnant women should not just take a certain intake, especially traditional medicines. Therefore, consult your doctor before taking ginger.
- Magnificent morning sickness. According to some studies, the pain of this condition can be overcome by eating ginger extract. Chemical compounds in ginger can reduce the chemicals that trigger inflammation of the joints. In addition, ginger can also stimulate the body to produce salicylic acid, a substance that can relieve pain and discomfort.
- Meat and vomiting after surgery. Eating ginger before surgery seems to reduce nausea and vomiting after surgery. Besides consumed by mouth, applying ginger oil on the wrist also seems to prevent nausea.
- Eating ginger before traveling can make people feel better. But unfortunately there is a possibility that ginger is not effective overcome it. More research is needed to ensure its efficacy. Similarly, claims of ginger benefits associated with weight loss.
Side Effects of Ginger
It seems that ginger is safe for most people to eat, but there are minor side effects that can be caused, such as diarrhea, uncomfortable stomach, and pain in the pit of the stomach. If applied to the skin, this plant may cause irritation.
There are some people who must be careful or should not eat ginger. They are pregnant and lactating mothers, diabetics, have bleeding disorders and liver organ.
In terms of medical benefits of ginger does not exist that really proved effective. Even so, you can try to overcome the conditions mentioned above. It is a good idea to consult your doctor before entering any substance intended for treatment.